Friday, December 13, 2013

A trip to Sennelier

Ever since my late night visit to the Musee d'Orsay I've been itching to go back and do some sketching.  I brought some of my art supplies with me on the trip (the small ones that travel well) but somehow forgot to bring a sketch pad.  When I googled art supply stores in Paris I came across Sennelier which is situated along the Seine, just across from the Louvre, and is reported to be a store that was frequented by Cezanne, Picasso, and others of their guild.  So I thought, heck, why not?
 
The store certainly had the feel of having been around for ages.  I loved all the drawers and cabinets built into the walls.
 
The boys were very good and, after helping me pick out a sketch pad, allowed me a little browsing time by standing at the door and watching the cars pass on the Quai Voltaire.
 
Afterwards we did a little exploring in the neighbourhood and came across Pont des Arts, one of several bridges bejewelled by millions of locks.
 
The boys thought this was fascinating.
 
The walk back along the Seine was very picturesque.  It made me glad we'd come all that way for a sketch book.

No comments: