Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Night Out With Van Gogh and Co.

It is a lot of fun taking the boys around Paris.  It is also a lot of work.  So when Spencer suggested I head out on Thursday evening to check out the Musee d'Orsay I jumped at the chance.
 
It was a great chance to take my time without having to respond to someone's need for water/food/toilet/attention/exercise/discipline.  In spite of lingering jet lag and an encroaching cold I enjoyed the visit very much.  I'm a huge fan of the impressionists and neo-impressionists and it was awesome to see their works in person.  I love getting up close and looking at their actual brush strokes, and backing away to take it all in.  It was just incredible.  I wouldn't mind going again with the boys.  Now that I've cased it out I think I could navigate them through without any problem.  I know they'd love the giant clocks.
 
On my way there I happened upon this group of strings giving a concert in the metro.  What a treat!  After living in sleepy Perth these last few years I'd forgotten what it's like to be in a city that's alive at night.  I loved it.

1 comment:

tastebuds said...

Paris during the holidays. What a treat!