Thursday, April 10, 2014

Peter's Belated Birthday Celebration

Two days before I was admitted to hospital Peter turned three.  I remember lying in bed and hearing Eliot and Peter in their bedroom.  Eliot told Peter that it was his birthday and Peter respond, "Yes, I'm three!"  He then started singing "Happy Birthday."  I was pretty much unable to get out of bed, and Spencer was swamped, so other than that the day passed by without much fanfare.  When I was in the hospital Spencer told me that at home Peter insisted that he was still two.  Perhaps he was protesting the absence of cake and presents.

When I was home and up again we baked him a cake and had a proper birthday celebration.  Now if you ask him, he is definitely three.

Peter was delighted with his cake.

He joined in singing "Happy Birthday" to himself.

When Peter blows on something he goes "fffffffff" which isn't the most effective.  Eventually he was perfectly happy for Eliot to help him out.

New trucks and cars!!

Big boys scoop their own ice cream.

He's trying to smile for the camera but he also has a rather large, cold bite of ice cream in his mouth, hence the funny face.

We love our little Peter!

No comments: