Thursday, October 11, 2012

Someone special is coming to Perth, and I'm not just talking about Noni.



As many of you are well aware, Eliot lost his beloved Lellow Bear several weeks ago.  My mother, who arrives here in Perth this weekend, dug Eliot's first Yellow Bear out of a box in the attic, patched up his chin, and will be bringing him with her.  Eliot is under no illusion that this is the same Yellow Bear that was lost.  He understands, or at least seems to understand, that the Yellow Bear that is on its way is a previously cherished Yellow Bear who is being returned to him.  And he does make the distinction in his mind.  When I talk about Yellow Bear coming to live with us he quickly clarifies, "but not the Lellow Bear that was lost."


To make it a little more fun, Rissie (with the help of Andrew Schmidt from next door), has been taking pictures of Yellow Bear in various places that are familiar to Eliot.  Yellow Bear is shown in various spots around my parents' home and over at the Schmidt home as well.  It makes me laugh.  It reminds me of those globe-trotting garden gnome pictures.  And most importantly, Eliot is delighted with them.



No comments: