Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Shenanigans

Just thought I'd share a few of the little tricks the boys have been up to lately:

Peter and Eliot both love the vacuum cleaner.  As soon as I roll it out they make a bee-line for it and wait, not so patiently, for me to plug it in and turn it on so that they can take turns having their hair coiffed.


Recently Eliot had a chance to try out a didgeridoo.  At first we thought the smaller size was just made for tourists who wanted to fit it into their luggage.  Turns out the smaller ones are made especially for children to train with.

I don't have a picture for this next one, so I'll have to go with the proverbial thousand words.  Eliot has pretty good table manners for a three and a half year old.  He generally sits at the table and eats his meal without any trouble.  This evening I made a strawberry tart for dessert and as he ate it a couple of whipped cream-covered strawberry slices dropped onto the table.  He finished his tart, then ate the strawberries that had fallen.  When I looked again he'd bent down and was licking the cream off the table.  He still has a few things to learn, but for now I think I'll just take it as a compliment to the chef.

No grocery run is complete without taking the Red Car for a spin.  I've never put the $2 piece in that makes it lurch forward and back, partly because I don't want to set a precedent and partly because I think it might freak one of them out and spoil the fun.  They look pretty serious in the picture, but the very sight of this car will send Peter into a fit of grinning, squealing anticipation.

Peter shifts into high gear.

The simple joy of swinging.

Spencer has several deadlines looming and has been working a lot.  The boys love any moments with him that they can get.  Here Peter takes in a little of the Olympics with Daddy.

Beach adventures are always fun, with or without the picnic lunch.





1 comment:

Eileen Young said...

We certainly enjoy your blogs, Nora.
Nice you have access to the beach. The boys are growing fast. Soon they will be 'little men'.
Gigi