Friday, August 31, 2012

&#@*!%!!$, or something like that.

Eliot loves helping out at with the dishes.  This is a picture that I took last summer (December) that didn't make it onto the blog.  Anyway...

One of the fun things about having little children in the house is that you get to come up with all kinds of fun new expletives.  Not that I'm generally one for swearing.  I'd be lying if I said that I've never let some 'bad' words slip.  But I've come up with tamer ways of venting my frustration, even avoiding words like 'dang' for 'shinanigans' or substituting 'silly' for 'stupid'.  Eliot has picked up on it and it's been fun to hear some of the things he comes up with.  They're generally pulled from his own experience.  These are some of my favourites:

Aw, Vasa Piglet!  (a character from one of his books)
Fizzy Colours!  (baking soda and coloured vinegar that I give him to play with)
Oh, Figgy Pudding! (as in, 'please bring us some figgy pudding...')
Aw, Captain Peter's Fish and Chips! (an actual take-out place that we patronize every once in a while)

3 comments:

Janet said...

Hahahaha! I'm going to start using that figgy pudding one. What a creative little guy :)

Rissie Grace said...

Fantastic! I can almost hear him ... "Awwww, come opponent!"

Rissie Grace said...

That was supposed to be "Awwww, come ooooon." Darn you auto correct!!