Friday, May 11, 2012

Peter 'Warrior' Young


Before our Little Peter was born I worried about nicknames.  I suppose I'd used up all the other worries when I was expecting Eliot, so I had to have something.  I was worried that he wouldn't have any that were his very own.  Nicknames for Eliot just sort of sprang up organically and I was afraid that we would just end up using those same nicknames for Peter.

As usual, it wasn't worth worrying about.  There's always a little overlap, but Peter certainly has his very own.  Spencer has taken to calling him Mr Boo.  I call him BoBo (BoBos, Little BoBo, Mr BoBos, etc.) and anything involving the word 'man', such as Little Peter Man, Baby Man, Little Man, etc.  I'm pleased with them, mainly because we didn't come up with them.  Like the nicknames for Eliot they just sort of happened.

Eliot follows our lead and has taken to calling him by some of these nicknames.  He also uses Peter's real name, which sometimes comes out sounding like a nickname.  He has never really struggled saying 'Peter', but 'Royer' has proved a little more tricky.  Right now Eliot's R's often sound like W's when they're at the beginning of the word.  He also mixes up the sounds of some words--like brefiskt instead of breakfast--so Peter's middle name comes out sounding like 'worrier'.

No matter the name used, our little Peter is finding his own place in the family and it's fun to watch his personality starting to come through.

Peter loves eating raisins.  He also likes putting them on his seat.

See, there they are.

He has figured out how to open the cupboard with the canned goods.

The thrill of discovery.

Peter enjoys putting things on his head, especially the tambourine.



Picking around the 'mountain' of toys that Eliot likes to assemble in the bedroom.

We love you Little Peter Man!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I love his headwear. And the raisin stash.