Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cooling Down


I think summer is at an end here in Perth.  The temperatures have shifted from the high 30s/low 40s to the low to mid 20s.  I hadn't really thought about it until the other day when I realized that I'd gone the whole day without having a drink of water.  A month ago one of the top five things on my mind was where my next cold drink was coming from.


 Some of you will smile and roll your eyes to hear me say that it feels chilly when it's 23 outside.  But compared to the heat of summer, it is chilly.  Especially in the early morning and evening.  And it has started to rain.  After months of cloudless skies we were hit with a deluge the other night.  It's really kind of refreshing.  I love chilly weather.  I love eating oatmeal for breakfast, I love seeing Peter bundled up in his footy pyjamas and sleeping with his knees pulled up under himself, I love snuggling with Eliot on the couch under a pile of blankets reading books, I love wearing scarves.  I could go on.  Summer was a lot of fun, but I'm looking forward now to our first Australian winter.


PS  Just in case you thought that we had perhaps gotten over the washing machine machine. ;)


4 comments:

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

Cute pics, cute brothers!
It's ok to be happy with the cool..we've all been there. Enjoy the nice weather and talk to you soon.
Pw

Rissie Grace said...

I love the last picture! Laugh out loud funny!

Eileen Young said...

There can be a teaching moment with the washing machine - when the clothes are out, he can be taught to fold them!
Good luck
Gigi

Nora said...

Love teaching moments! ;)