Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Keeping Busy

Still no sign of Baby No. 2 and the due date is just a day away. I kind of wish my doctor had never said anything about the baby possibly arriving early. It was only a slight suggestion, and even though I knew that there was no way for him to be sure, my subconscious ran away with the idea. I have, however, been getting a lot done to prepare for the baby. Mostly cleaning and catching up with organizing.

Before Eliot left town he also pitched in with the cleaning. There's a clean-up song with which some of you may be familiar (Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere...). I sing it with Eliot as we put toys away and he has come to think that cleaning up is quite a lot of fun. There is a drawer in the kitchen that he is allowed to rummage through and I will often find toys, sippy cups, cars, etc. in amongst the plastic containers.



Eliot also finds the vacuum very interesting. A while ago I got it all set up and went into the other room to plug it in. I returned to find Eliot already hard at work.

3 comments:

Raina and Andy said...

HILARIOUS. ...i can't believe he turned it on. Wow aren't you lucky he enjoys cleaning up. Nora-you look amazing. your baby bump looks fake it's so darn cute. waiting each and every day for your news!! RR

Julia said...

Too cute. Ben learned the cleanup song at school and sings it to this day. Of course, he taught it to his younger siblings and now all 3 can be heard singing it whenever I say it's time for chores!

Katey said...

Hang in there Nora!When I go overdue I try to do lots of things I love so that the time doesn't seem so irksome.