Tuesday, March 22, 2011

His Loveliness

Back when I had Eliot, I remember hearing some advice that had been given to another new mother. She'd been told to really savor the time with her new little one since with any subsequent newborns there just wouldn't be time to "sit and gaze upon their loveliness."
I am thoroughly enjoying this special time I have to spend with my little Peter. I stroke his soft hair and study his face while he sleeps. We cuddle and snuggle and just sit quietly.

It will be fun to watch as he and Eliot grow into brotherhood together, but in the mean time I'm satisfied to sit and gaze upon the loveliness of my new little boy.

5 comments:

Coleen said...

He is so so lovely Nora.
I love the saying about parenthood - 'The days are long and the years are short.' So savoring every moment of that fleeting newness is so very special - you received some very good advice and it looks like you'll be passing it on to other newborn Moms.
Congratulations!!! - can't wait to see him!

Raina and Andy said...

What a prince! HOLY CUTE. he is adorable. I wish I could get my mitts on him and have a quiet moment. soak it in! miss ya nora! RR

Janet said...

What a sweet post! He is so, so cute.

Jessica said...

Beautiful photos. Glad you have some special bonding time together. He has so much hair. JG

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

i'm so happy that you are enjoying this time alone with him. a very very special handful of time to spend getting to know him. i love it. i respect and understand it. so happy for you--he truly is a beautiful boy...and i'm sooo serious. just beautiful!
pw