Saturday, April 6, 2013

Random stuff that has me chuckling lately


Sometimes you just have to laugh at the stuff that life dishes out.  Just now a random thought came to me and it made me laugh.  In one of my recent posts I mentioned the "northern shores of Antarctica."  What, like opposed to Antarctica's southern shores?  I'm still laughing.

Then there was Easter Sunday when Spencer walked into our bedroom and happened upon the following scene:  Eliot had tucked Yellow Bear into our bed and was kneeling beside him, glue stick in one hand, yellow Easter Basket straw in the other.  He was just getting ready to bestow a full head of hair on Yellow Bear when Spencer intervened.  I didn't see it myself, but the mental image still has me laughing.

And finally something from Peter.  Most of you know that Peter loves to play with our cordless phone.  I let him punch around on its buttons the other day while changing his diaper and somehow he managed to change our voice mail greeting.  Now those who miss us are met with a stretch of fuzzy silence and beeping, followed by Peter saying " 'Low! 'Low! 'Low!"  I don't think we could have come up with a better April Fool's gag if we'd sat down and thought it out.  The joke's on us, though, because with the display no longer functioning (also the work of Peter) we can't figure out how to change it back.  Nonetheless, it has me in stitches.

No comments: