Friday, December 14, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Last year I asked some of my new Aussie friends what, for them, hailed the coming of the Christmas Season.  Someone mentioned the blooming jacaranda trees and frangipani flowers, others said it was the climbing temperatures or the end of the school year.  It's been neat, this year, to pay attention for these changes as Christmas approaches.
The jacaranda trees have bloomed.

The frangipani flowers are coming along nicely.  

School is out for the summer (or so I've been told), the temperature is rising, and Christmas is in the air.



Last week, Eliot helped me decorate the tree.

Can you tell which part of the tree he was in charge of?  ;)

Peter is pretty impressed with the tree as well, and will frequently ask us, in his own little way, to turn on the lights.

Eliot helped me make a few more ornaments for the tree.

Peter checked the quality of our work.

Playing with a new Nativity from Grandma, and listening to Christmas music, helps us get into the spirit.


In spite of 30+ temps, our little traditionalist insisted on lighting a candle.

Chestnuts aren't roasting on open fires and Jack Frost is nowhere to be found, but we're feeling pretty Christmas-ie.  Hope you are too!

4 comments:

Janet said...

So cute - and very festive :)

Raina and Andy said...

I can't get over little peters hair. Will you ever be able to cut it? I don't know if I would. Merry Christmas Nora and to all the young's

Nora said...

Thanks Raina! I was just telling Spencer, the other day, that I thought perhaps Peter could be our little Sampson ;)

Claudia said...

Ha! I have a hard time getting in the Christmas mood during the rainy Oregon winters - I can't imagine the change in mindset that would have to occur when you are gearing up for summer!