Friday, September 7, 2012

Just a few words about our Little Guys

  • Eliot loves Yellow Bear as much as ever.  Yellow Bear's shoulder is wearing thin and I've had to glue his nose back on a few times but he's hanging in there.
  • He has recently decided that red is his favourite colour (for now).
  • He loves food.  We had this conversation at the table the other evening.  Eliot:  This food is really good.  Me:  Good, Eliot.  I'm glad.       Eliot:  Yes, it's tasty.


  • I think Peter has uttered his first official word.  He likes to point at objects and say 'iss' (as in, 'this') until I tell him the name of the object and then he grins widely.  I think he also says 'woof woof' when he sees dogs...and horses.
  • He loves to be read to and will chase me down with a book.  We'll sit down on the floor and read it.  He also enjoys a few books read in the rocking chair before bed.
  • His confidence in walking has greatly increased and now he likes to help push the shopping cart on short trips.  Eliot also likes to help push, and I have to keep us all going in the right direction, so we're generally piled up 3 deep at the back of the cart. 
It seems like we were all sick for the entire month of August.  Eliot was the first to fall ill and appreciated the rocking chair as sick bed.  He lounged with his animals and sipped water through a straw while watching episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine.

Peter has recently discovered the pots and pans.  He can't get enough.

Eliot is always very determined to help.  He's also very determined to do it in his own style.

I'll never get over the hair.

Enjoying some snacks with some of our play group friends.

Eliot enjoys the company of other children more and more.  He played quite a bit with these two boys at play group today.  They chased one another, threw balls, and climbed.  Once I overheard Eliot calling out to one of them, "Look at you guy!  You're way up there!  Good job!"


1 comment:

Janet said...

That first picture is heartbreaking since I now know that Yellow Bear has been lost. Hang in there, Eliot, I hear that Y.B. might have made a stop in Milwaukee for some cosmetic work :)