Monday, June 4, 2012

Daddy's coming home!


Spencer is getting home tomorrow.  It dawned on me as I was scrubbing Peter's hair with shampoo tonight that this would be the last time I'd be doing bedtime routine with the boys on my own for awhile.  I feel like a little kid who has waited patiently all through December, and now it's Christmas Eve and I am DONE waiting.  Nothing like 9 weeks alone with two little boys to help you appreciate what your husband does to help out.

I'm not the only one looking forward to Spencer's return.  Eliot is looking forward to having Daddy home and is excited to play with him tomorrow.  I'm sure Peter will take it all in stride.  I'm also sure that Spencer is going to be shocked by how much they've both changed.  Skype doesn't always do them justice.  We might have to pull out the Oilers jerseys again to celebrate!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Really?! That's great - have fun tomorrow!

Jaima said...

You are a trooper Nora! Love the photo of Spencer and the boys. Give them hugs for me and keep one for yourself.