Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Scream Is Back

When Eliot was about a year old he started using a high pitched squeal to vocalize his dissatisfaction.  Soon it became a way to communicate, not just frustration, but anything from "I would like some toast please" to "how are you this fine morning."  Peter has followed in his brother's footsteps and in the Can-Am Young home these days every one's ears are perpetually ringing.  Peter makes a face to go with the scream (which, I kid you not, is ear-splitting) which I was able to capture during a recent photo shoot of the boys.  It's fun to watch Peter experimenting with sounds and babbling, all the little sounds I'm going to miss someday.  I don't think I'll ever miss The Scream. :)

2 comments:

Raina and Andy said...

oh poor nora!!!! i never had to go through the screaming (high pitched) phase and now you're on your second round. super mama! on another note-he is DARN cute. such a stud. RR

Janet said...

Lucy has discovered her scream as well, but she uses it mostly to amuse herself on car trips. I don't mind, except that it leaves Maddie frazzled since she's right next to her.