Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Books!!


Eliot loves his books and enjoys perusing them whenever he can. There is also a bookcase full of Mommy and Daddy's books that has captured his fascination. I think I've finally broken him of the habit of pulling them off the shelves and hurling them down the hall. I'm just glad I was somehow able to do it without discouraging his interest in them.



He particularly likes looking through Merriam Webster's Vocabulary Builder. It's probably the fact that the pages are gilded in yellow, but it's fun to think that he's just trying to work on his growing vocabulary.

Eliot has also started "reading" books aloud to himself and others. His version of the story is always so much more interesting :)

4 comments:

Peggy, Lily and Connor said...

lily and i just watched eliot's video and she just keeps asking "what doin eliot?" "mama, what doin eliot?" hahaha. cute boy! i'm with you--i love love LOVE their early love of books!

Katey said...

It's so fun when they start "reading" on their own isn't it? Never fails to help me to feel that I must be doing a reasonable job as a mother.

Rissie Grace said...

I love, love, LOVE the video of him reading to himself. Especially since the book is upside down!

Raina and Andy said...

adorable. You're a great teacher Nora. I feel like I can remember doing the same thing when i was little- "read" to everyone. RR