Sunday, December 5, 2010

An Edmonton Wedding


Last week we had the opportunity to head north to Edmonton for the wedding of Spencer's cousin Lindsay. She was a beautiful and happy bride and I'm kicking myself now as I realize that I don't have any pictures from the wedding. You'll just have to take my word for it I suppose.


We stayed for a week after the wedding and Eliot had a great time playing in the snow, catching up with family, and learning all kinds of new words. Spencer also gave two lectures at his alma mater, University of Alberta. One was for a class taught by one of his former professors and the other was for faculty, students, and the public (meaning, of course, that several family members including myself were in attendance). It was so great to hear him lecture, he's a natural. His lecture was titled "Laundering Money and Souls: Usury, Poor Relief, and Theology at the Early University of Paris". It was pretty interesting stuff. You'll have to ask him about it next time you see him. All in all it was a great trip and a wonderful chance to see family and friends.

1 comment:

LiNds said...

we're so glad you guys were there! we posted some pics on facebook...:)