Saturday, October 9, 2010

Apples to Apples

These past few days have been sunny and beautiful so we decided to take advantage of the weather and head out of town today to do some apple picking.


We boarded a tractor-pulled wagon that took us on a scenic little drive down into the orchard. If you zoom in on the photo above you'll see Spencer and Eliot right in the middle of the wagon.








Good times were had by all and that evening we enjoyed a caramel apple pie with our supper. Now I'm dusting off all my apple recipes and looking forward to apple butter, apple cake, apple pancakes, etc. I welcome recipe recommendations :)

4 comments:

Katey said...

I trade you my recipe for applesauce oatmeal cookies for you recipe of caramel apple pie. I have a good recipe for apple with cbbage too which is yummy, plus an Indian curry that uses apples as well (which happens to not only be tasty, but low fat too!).

Julia said...

Oh Nora! It looks so beautiful there. Do you feel like Anne?! :)

Eileen Young said...

Canada is a great country & Ontario is a a neat place to live in (next to Alberta!!) How fun to pick fruit -right off the tree. Grandpa would be in his glory.
Apple crisp is a family favorite dessert.
Grannie

Eileen Young said...

Nora =
There is an interesting recipe for Carmel Apple Twist in Mormon Times (comes with Church News) October 9 on page 11 - i think I'll try it. If you want I can e-mail it to you. What is your address?
Grannie