Friday, September 17, 2010

All Moved In

So, some of you might be saying to yourself, "Nora and Spencer have been up in Toronto since Sept 1, why is she just now saying they're 'all moved in'?" Well, that's because I just now feel "all moved in." Like with most other population centers, space is at a premium here in Toronto which means that our new apartment is somewhat smaller than our last one. This has made unpacking something of a challenge. Or, as my mother would say, like trying to stuff 50 lbs of potatoes into a 20 lbs bag. But the upside is that it has served as a keen test for my organizational skills as well as an effective sieve for all the needless junk we'd been hauling about with us simply because we had the space.




















So now after feeling like an over-stuffed storage locker for about a week, our little apartment is starting to feel like home. Just in the nick of time too, because Eliot is, as I type this, on the road with my parents making his way across the border. We can't wait for our little guy to arrive. Then it will really be home.

Spencer and I have taken a few excursions in the city and I've been impressed with what I've seen. We took a trip down to Toronto's lakefront and had a lovely walk that included stumbling across a vegetarian food fair. There always seems to be something going on here. The Toronto International Film Festival is in full swing and while we haven't come across any celebs, word is the place is crawling with them. All in all, I'm really pleased with my new Canadian digs and looking forward to getting to know this city over the coming year.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I hope the settling process goes well. I hope you have lots of time to explore...the fun part!

Eileen Young said...

Thanks Nora for the post. I was wondering where you were. Glad you've set up house and enjoying your new place. I bet Eliot will need a little time to feel at home in his new digs. Hope he will be happy to see mom & dad again, although I think your parents will miss him atound.
Spencer, what is your new e-mail azddress? i sent a greeting for your birthday but I was notified it could not be delivereda
Did you know that U of T is rated the b-e-s-t universdity in Canada? -beating McGill? (according to the Globe & Mail)
Do keep us posted.
Grannie

Raina and Andy said...

so good to see you back on your blog! can't wait for more pictures. Hope you get E-man comfy over there in Canada. FMLH misses you-every single morning that we walk past your desk. (we as in alllll of us!) RR

Katey said...

Welcome back to Canada you guys! Just don't do anything stupid like start cheering for the Leafs, but knowing Spencer, I'm sure that you'll all be safe.