Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bath time!

The girls at work threw me a baby shower--in some shadowy, previous life--and the question was posed, "What is Nora looking forward to most about caring for her baby?" Any or all of the offered suggestions could have made the cut, but the one I picked was bathing.










I have loved giving Eliot his baths ever since that first sponge bath back when his belly button consisted of a plastic clamp.
Graduating first to the kitchen sink, then to the bathtub, Eliot has grown to love them too. Now when I turn on the water to draw his bath his legs start pumping in anticipation and he reaches down toward the water.
Bubbles are a fascination, plastic cups and whiffle balls a delight, and that gurgling sound as the water drains, an unfathomable mystery...

2 comments:

Eileen Young said...

I liked the expressions on Eliot's face.
You are a good photographer to catch them.

Rissie Grace said...

The whiffle ball one is my favorite. He is completly absorbed in the bath!