Sunday, July 26, 2009

Milestones

The past few weeks have been busy for our whole family. After much researching, writing, editing, translating, transcribing, trans-Atlantic travel, etc., etc., Spencer's dissertation has been turned over to the powers that be in anticipation of his September 18th defense. In the meantime I, along with my co-workers, have been preparing for our 400+ bed hospital to go live with computer charting. And if all that weren't enough, Eliot has started rolling over and had his first taste of rice cereal!











Eliot has also discovered his toes and lets out a squeal that's starting to sound like a giggle when you give him raspberries on his tummy. I made a hat for Eliot, intended for this winter when he's a bit bigger. I swear I followed the pattern exactly, but unless Eliot's head swells to 6x its present size in the next five months I don't think it's going to work. It's even big on Spencer and myself!
It's amazing just how much he's been growing. Spencer and I looked over some of the older photos and the difference blows my mind! But inside he's still that same snuggly little sweetheart!
(Left: Eliot at 2 weeks Right: Eliot at 4 months)

2 comments:

Eileen Young said...

Keep trying, Nora. I remember knitting a toque once upon a time....first one was too loosely knit hence it was too large. The next one was knit tighter....it was too small....the third time it was just right. I loved wearing it. Sounds like Goldilocks!!! The third time it will be right.
Congratulations, Spencer, so IT is done....now the defence. I know you are well prepared.
Eliot gets more handsome every post.
Love to all
Grannie

Katey said...

Darn it all! Why are our children in such a rush to grow? Sounds like exciting times at your place with all those happenings.
The beauty of knit items is that no matter how wacked your gauge might be, it's bound to fit somebody or something. You should have seen the "baby hat" i once made for Ivy-Jaima actually made her wear it!
Good luck with the defense Spence.